According to Statistics Canada, Criminal Code incidents as reported by the police in the year 2016 alone were 1.9 million not counting traffic violations. Given this scenario, it is advisable that you take the necessary precautions to protect your home and family from burglaries, theft, and other crime.
Check around for the best home security companies that can offer you the packages and bundles that meet your security needs. At CompareMyRates, we’ve done some of the research for you and compiled information about the most popular companies available in Canada. Take a look below so you can weigh your options and make the appropriate choice.
Comparative Price Structures and Features of Home Security Companies
Basic Package – Offers automation without security at $19.99 per month for a 2-year term
Starter Package – Telephone land line monitoring at $25 per month for a 3-year contract
Essentials Package – $9 per week or $36.99 per month
Protect Package – Offers security and automation at $29.99 per month for a 2-year term
AlarmForce Plus Package – Cellular/GSM communication at $25.95 per month for a 3-year contract. Charges $99 Installation and Activation Fee
Essentials Plus Package – $10 per week or $42.99 per month
Assure Package – Offers security, automation and video at $39.99 per month for a 2-year term
Total Protection – $11 per week or $44.99 per month
Control Package – Offers security, automation, video, and detection at $49.99 per month for a 2-year term
Total Protection Plus – $12 per week or $47.99 per month
Premium Protection with ADT Pulse – $14 per week or $52.99 per month
Security Guard services and Additional security devices provided at extra charges
Rogers Home Security
Rogers home security solutions are considered the No. 1 company in Canada. They offer you a dual surveillance system where you can monitor the house on your own or rely on their expert team to keep watch on video feeds and sensor alerts from their operational centre. The Roger Smart Home Monitoring solutions are controlled by a Touchpad that acts as the brain of the entire system. The Touchpad is entirely customizable and controls the sensors and other equipment integrated with the security network. You can also use this smart gadget to connect with the Roger’s Central Monitoring Station. Here are some of the features you can rely on:
Expert Surveillance Services:
Rest assured that you have an expert set of eyes keeping watch on your home and family in your absence.
- Round the clock surveillance by the well-trained personnel at the company’s Central Monitoring Station. The instant any of the sensors are activated, alerts will be relayed to you and the team so they can take action.
- The home monitoring system is self-monitoring and controlled by a smart panel that conducts automated checks at regular intervals to make sure that the equipment is working as programmed.
- Roger’s Dual Networks operates on the Roger Cable and wireless networks that ensure your home remains protected even if power failures or any other situations results in one security system getting compromised.
- In case a particular sensor is activated, you can use the Two-Way Voice System to talk to the Central Monitoring Station. The integrated speakerphone in the Touch Pad allows you to talk to the intruder using the Rogers wireless network and verify if the visitor is a known or unknown entity and if you have scheduled and are expecting the intrusion.
Efficient House Monitoring:
Efficient sensors that form a part of the home monitoring system will send you alerts to any hazards within the house that can harm your family or property.
- Customized sensors form a part of the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring that sends you alerts of the precise locations where it detects fire or smoke.
- Carbon monoxide is virtually undetectable since it is an odorless and colourless gas that is extremely deadly. To protect your family from this invisible danger, you can opt for the CO sensors that form a part of the Smart Home Monitoring system.
- Broken pipes and water leakages can cause costly damage to your home and possessions. But, when you sign up for the water leak monitoring sensors managed by the Rogers home monitoring system, you’ll receive alerts that tell you the exact time and location when the leak has occurred. In this way, the alert can help you deal with the problem before it causes any major loss.
- Smart sensors can alert you when the thermostat drops too low so you can examine the heating system for faults before the house becomes too cold.
Rogers Smart Home Monitoring systems allow you to access them from any device connected to the internet such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
- The wide range of apps present on the Touchpad allows you to access the Web Control Centre using the internet from any location where you are. By logging into the system, you can monitor the live video feed sent to you by Smart Home Cameras to keep watch on the visitors in your home. In addition, you can turn lights on and off, raise or lower the thermostat, and even arm or disarm sensors. Perhaps, the best positive is that you can make additions or deletions to the Touchpad apps to suit your needs, again from any remote location. Use your smartphone or computer to perform all these functions with the utmost ease and convenience.
- You can choose the kind of alerts that work well for you. For instance, you can request for notifications on your smartphone or computer via SMS alerts, emails, or a phone call.
- Rogers Smart Home Monitoring systems include cameras that can take live video footage of the occurrences within your home. This feed is sent to your smartphone or computer via the internet so you can keep watch on your home. You also have the option of requesting for camera snapshots each time a sensor is activated. Like, for instance, when a door or window is opened.
Convenient Automated Services:
By choosing Rogers Smart Home Monitoring systems, you can look forward to a life of ease and simplicity offered by the ability to control gadgets using smartphone apps. An added plus? You can conserve energy and keep costs down.
- Use your smartphone or computer to set predetermined times when the lights go on and off. For instance, you can turn on lights from a remote location to indicate your presence when you’re away for work or vacation thus deterring possible intruders. Or, you can have a patio light on to help you find your keys when you get home.
- The automated thermostat can be programmed to maintain required temperatures when your family is home with the appropriate heating and cooling. You can also lower the thermostat to conserve fuel when the family is away.
AlarmForce Home Security
The AlarmForce home security systems are yet another popular monitoring solution in Canada, second only to one other. Should you opt for AlarmForce, you can look forward to a range of features that are designed to keep your home and family protected. The security system is controlled by the Main Control Panel or Touchscreen Keypad. Here’s some added information you might find interesting:
Main Control Panel or Touchscreen Keypad
This gadget acts as the main controlling center for all the equipment integrated into the home security system. Here’s what it can do:
- Includes a two-way speaker so you can communicate with the visitors to your home when you’re at a remote location.
- Emits a loud siren in response to an intrusion.
- Includes buttons that you can activate in case of emergencies like, for instance, fire.
- Displays the operational status of the equipment you’ve installed.
- Displays weather updates that you can check before leaving home.
- Comes with integrated Z-Wave access.
You can use the Touchscreen keypad to control the other devices that form a part of your home monitoring network such as:
- Secondary Touchscreen Keypad
- Smart Light Bulb
- Doorbell Video Camera
- Touchscreen Door Lock
- Indoor Video Camera
- Garage Door Controller
- Flood Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Smart Thermostat
- Wi-Fi Plug
- Outdoor Video Camera
- Panning Video Camera
- Smoke, heat, and freeze detector
- Smart Door Lock
- Image Sensors
- You can use your smartphone, Android phone, tablet or any other device to control the various functions of the Touchscreen keypad and thus save on time and energy costs.
- Raise or lower the thermostat, arm or disarm the locks, or turn on or off the lights as per your convenience.
- You can set up medical emergency alerts for you or elderly family members whether at home or from remote locations.
ADT Home Security
The ADT home security solutions is yet another effective and efficient home monitoring system. ADT offers you protection out of 6 Customer Monitoring Centers that are available round the clock, all through the year guaranteeing you a quick and instant response in case of emergencies. Read ahead for some of the facilities they offer:
Temperature Variation Detection
ADT home security systems have integrated sensors that can detect both low and high temperatures in any location of the house. Protection from low temperatures ensures prevention of bursting pipes and any other possible damage. Sensors that detect high temperatures can warn you of possible hazards so you can protect your family.
Flood sensors warn of rising water levels so you can prevent damage from water to your home. The sensors relay a signal to the Customer Monitoring Centre so you can take timely action.
Burglary and Intrusion Detection
Intruder sensors send alerts to the ADT centre so that they notify you and the concerned authorities at the first sign of a burglary threat.
Carbon Monoxide Detection
The colorless and odorless nature of carbon monoxide gas makes it impossible to detect without efficient sensors that can warn you in time of the hazard.
Fire and Smoke Detection
Sensors integrated with the ADT home security monitoring system can detect smoke and fire and send alerts to the Customer Monitoring Centre so they can alert you and the nearest fire department instantly.
By using the two-way voice intercom service, you can alert the monitoring center and inform them of the need for medical assistance. In turn, they can call the closest emergency services. ADT also offers the provision of medical bracelets for senior citizens that can monitor and send alerts.
In addition to efficient surveillance solutions, ADT offers you a range of other facilities such as:
- Ability to arm or disarm door locks from a remote location via the internet using your smartphone, Android phone, or any other device
- Video monitoring so you can keep watch on the interiors of your home for problematic incidents
- Ability to control the garage door from outside the house
- Ability to turn lights on or off remotely
- Ability to lock or unlock doors remotely
- Security cameras that send you live video footage that you can watch from your phone, laptop, computer, or tablet.
- Wireless monitoring of your home with integration with various devices
- Receiving alerts when a third person accesses the security systems
- Ability to control the home thermostat from any location
After checking the features and positives of the three popular home monitoring systems in Canada, you can choose the system that best matches your needs and budget constraints. Opt for home security systems and protect your home and family from any kind of accidents and criminal incidents with the assistance of expert surveillance teams.