No Annual Fee Credit Cards
If you would you like to enjoy the benefits of having a credit card minus the annual fees, there are many credit card providers in Canada offering no annual fee credit cards. In fact, you could redeem great benefits and even cash back bonuses from your card without paying any annual fees. Compare and find the best no annual fee credit card in Canada below.
Filter Credit Cards
No Annual Fee Credit Cards Canada
No annual fee credit cards do not charge any annual account maintenance fees and could save you as much as $400 per annum. The zero annual charges may be provided for a promotional period or for the card life.
This type of card is ideal as it keeps your costs low, especially if you don’t use your card on a regular basis, and when you cannot justify paying high annual fees. However, they often have higher purchase rates than other credit cards. No annual fee credit cards are packaged with other enticing benefits which may include; reward points, low-interest credit cards.
There are different types of no annual fee credit cards in the market today ideal for different cardholders. They differ in features and benefits; they may not have as many additional features as the other credit cards. This guide will help you to analyze the different types of no annual fee credit cards, their features, benefits, pros, and cons.
Factors to Consider When Applying For a No Annual Fee Credit Card
Here are a number of factors you need to consider before you apply of a no annual fee credit card:
- Frequency Of Card Use – If you use your credit card on rare occasions, a no annual fee card is ideal for you for any unexpected expenses. This is a deal for a rare online buyer.
- Do You Carry A Balance – No annual fee credit card can be expensive when you carry a balance since it attracts higher interest rates. In such a case, a low-interest card is most suitable.
- Debt – If you have a debt on your card, you should apply for a no annual fee credit card with a 0% interest rate to save money on interest costs.
- Credit Card Benefits –You should consider other benefits such as complimentary insurance and reward programs to ensure that the no annual fee credit card carries your desired benefits.
- Consider the $0 Annual Fee Promotion Period – It is good to consider whether you will still use the card after the no annual fee introductory period. If yes, consider its interest rate and extra features, and if rates and benefits are not competitive enough, ensure that the card is cancelled before the end of the first year to avoid paying high annuals fees after the promotional period.
Benefits of No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Saves Money: – The main benefit of $0 annual fee cards is that they have no annual charges on your accounts. Most credit cards charges between 99 to 120 dollars annual fees. For a no fee annual life card, it can save you millions of dollars over a number of
- It is Practical: – Even without other additional rewards or benefits, zero annual fee cards are ideal for unexpected expenses and emergencies which require credit. There is no need to pay for a card that you do not frequently use. For instance, it is an ideal choice if you only need the card to make some online purchases a few times a year.
- Additional Deals and Offers: – Most no annual fee cards offer other perks that you could have paid for. Such offers may include frequent flyer programs among other deals.
Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in Canada
As its name denotes, a no-fee credit card has not yearly use fees or any sort of charges associated with its use. Many credit card companies charge a fee for just the convenience of using them for transactions whereas no-fee credit cards won’t charge you any fees and their use comes with a few basic privileges. Some though, have generous rewards for their owners.
Many credit card providers charge the card owner annual fees which average to about $100/year. There are some no-fee credit card options, but they usually don’t offer the cardholder any privileges or rewards. No Fee cards could be very useful for people who don’t have to use credit cards too frequently while having the option to pay for online transactions and developing a good credit status in Canada.
No Annual Fee cards vs. Rewards Credit Cards
No Annual fee cards are ideal for students and people who are on a budget and just want a basic credit card as a backup. Since the majority of students don’t have much money to pay or waste on fees, student credit cards with no-fee would be a great option for them. And if you are not a student and just want to stay on budget, this would also work for you as you don’t have to pay any fees.
Rewards Credit Cards generate cashback or travel rewards in points and are not always good options because some companies overstate the value of these points. But if you use a credit card regularly or purchases, or to pay bills you may as well collect rewards rather than pay an annual fee.
You could also consider keeping two credit cards at the same time. Your primary card could be a rewards credit card and an additional card with no annual fees. Since no-fee credit cards don’t cost anything, they make an ideal backup solution.
Popular Credit Card Searches
Most Popular Credit Card Issuers in Canada
Find the best credit cards for you.
Take a look at our list of this year's best credit cards.
Credit Card Guides and Info Corner
Oakville lies within the Greater Toronto Area. This area is among the most populous in Canada. The city is home to 193,832 as reported by a census conducted in 2016. It has experienced a 6.2% increase in the overall population as compared to the census in 2011. Among...
With the advent of the wireless data communication industry in Canada, companies are starting to gear up to offer exciting plans for customers. The unlimited wireless data plan announced by Rogers has already sparked a conversation among the industry professionals....
For the First Time in Canada - Rogers to Offer Unlimited Data Wireless Plans June 13, 2019 - Toronto, Ontario - Roger communications have announced to introduce new plans that will bear no coverage charges in Canada. Furthermore, Roger also intends to launch a...
What Are Private Mortgage Loans? Private mortgage loans are granted by private lenders unlike banks or conventional financial institutions. These short term loans do not require homeowners to pay the mortgage principal. Simply put, you only have to make the interest...
Here are the essential steps you’ll need to take for the setting up of VoIP for your business. You might need to evaluate if the VoIP service is actually economical and if it will help you make significant savings on your conventional phone service say, on an annual...
To integrate the office network and to enhance the efficiency of internal and external calls, most businesses (both small and large) subscribe to VoIP phone services. This also helps businesses cut down the high monthly phone bill while using traditional landline...
How much do I qualify for? If you’re ready to purchase a new home, one of the first things you want to find out is how much you’re qualified to borrow. Lenders have restrictions on the amount of money that a lender can borrow that is based on the borrower’s...