Credit Card Travel Insurance
Credit Card Travel Accident Insurance
When planning for your vacation whether locally or to foreign countries, it is advisable to charge it to your credit card. You need also to ensure that your credit card has an insurance coverage feature to enhance your safety when
- Travel Medical Insurance – To cover you in an event where medical care is needed.
- Trip Cancellation Cover – To cover you in the event you need to cancel your trip.
- Delayed Baggage Insurance – In
eventof delayed arrival for your luggage.
- Lost Luggage Insurance – To cover you when you have lost your belongings.
- Flight Delay Insurance – To cover you in event of a delayed flight.
Credit Card Travel Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance refers to the coverage for the cardholder, their spouse, and any dependent child
The credit card travel accident insurance covers;
- Loss of life.
- Loss speech, hearing or sight.
- Permanent disability.
- Loss of limbs.
However, there are
- Intentional self-inflicted injuries including suicide.
- Pregnancy complications.
- Body malfunctioning.
- Disease/ Illness.
Delayed Baggage Insurance
Delayed baggage insurance covers you in the event when your travel baggage is delivered in time. This may include a maximum reimbursement amount. Imagine how stressful it could be if your essentials delayed for a day or two. You will be required to incur more costs in buying clothes and other
Delayed baggage insurance mostly covers only essential items like basic toiletries and clothing or anything in that form.
Exceptions under Delayed Baggage Insurance
Like any other insurance, delayed baggage insurance has some exceptions that your policy may exclude:
- Losses incurred when returning to your residence.
- Expenses incurred after your luggage arrival.
- Expenses incurred after 96 hours of arrival.
- Luggage not checked.
- Quarantine or detained luggage.
- Money, securities, tickets or other documents.
- Losses resulting from any criminal act.
You may be reimbursed to the maximum amount for all expenses incurred on essentials due to delayed baggage.
Credit Card Lost Luggage Insurance
Credit card lost luggage insurance covers your missing luggage while in transit with a common carrier. You may be reimbursed up to a certain amount for any of your checked lost belongings. Losing your belongings during travel can turn out to be very costly, but you can be well covered with
Most credit card lost luggage offer coverage up to a given amount per person. This extends to your luggage, your spouse’s and dependent children’s luggage
Exclusions for A Lost Luggage Insurance Coverage
Exceptions from lost luggage insurance coverage differ from one credit card to the other. You need to consider your credit card and its exceptions. Below are some common exceptions;
- Lost animals.
- Hearing aids and other wearables.
- Contact lenses and prescription glasses.
- Money, credit cards, and other negotiable instruments.
- Tickets and other documents.
- Perishables and consumable goods.
- Loss of jewelry, watches, or gems.
Credit Card Flight Delay Insurance
Flight delays is a common occurrence and in most cases delays takes a few extra minutes or just an hour as a result of poor weather or busy air traffic. For many travelers, flight delays are not a big issue and they never bother about it rather they patiently wait for the short time. However, if delays prolong to some hours or even a day, it becomes costly and even tiring. In some extreme delays, you may be forced to spend more on unplanned meals or accommodations.
To protect you from the costs of such an occurrence, you need to have a flight delay insurance on your reward credit card. In the case of any flight delays, a credit card flight delay insurance will help you to cover the unplanned additional expenses. It may cover up to a fixed amount of expenses mostly on meals and accommodation.
Flight delay insurance will only cover you when delays go beyond a given period of time. You will be reimbursed only for reasonable expenses in the form of meals, accommodation, and refreshments. The policy may consider certain causes of delays which include;
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Job actions or strike from the carrier employees.
- Equipment failure.
- No alternative means provided within a given period of delay.