Best Credit Card Offers
Best Travel Rewards Credit Card
$60K / Year
Min Credit Score: 720
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that’s up to $400 towards travel)
- Until June 30, 2019, earn 30,000 bonus points with your first $1,000 in everyday purchases in the first 3 months (that’s up to $300 towards travel)
- Earn 10,000 bonus points when you spend at least $40,000 annually in everyday purchases (that’s up to $100 towards travel)
- Earn 2 Scotia Rewards points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases, and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more).
- Earn 1 Scotia Rewards point on every $1 you spend on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Exchange Fee Mark-Up: You will not be charged a Foreign Currency Conversion mark-up on international foreign currency purchases made online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass™ membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrolment.
- When you spend at least $40,000 in purchases annually on your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite account, you will earn an additional 10,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points!
- Annual fee: $139
- $0 for one Supplementary Card
Best Cashback Credit Card
Promotional Balance Transfer: 1.95% interest for the first 6 months
Min Credit Score: 640
$25 Gift Card upon Approval
Earn cash back
Earn extra Rewards
Transfer and save
Track and categorize your spending
Earn 4% Money-Back Rewards in up to 3 Categories for 3 Months
Best Balance Transfer Credit Card
Min Credit Score: 640
- New SimplyCash™ Card from American Express Cardmembers can earn 2.5% cash back on purchases (up to $150 cash back) for the first 3 months of Cardmembership
- Earn 1.25% cash back on purchases when your Welcome Rate ends
- No limit to the amount of cash back you can earn after your Welcome Rate ends
- Optional Balance Transfer Offer – Enjoy a 1.99% interest in first 6 months of Cardmembership if you choose to transfer your other credit card balances to this American Express card
- Balance Transfer option is only available at time of online application. There is no balance transfer fee at time of application
- Access to memorable experiences with American Express Invites®
- Insurance coverage and 24/7 Customer Service
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.5%
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
2.5% cash back on purchases (up to $150 cash back) for the first 3 months of Cardmembership
Most Popular Credit Card Issuers in Canada
Find the Best Credit Cards in Canada
Maximize your Credit Card Rewards, Cash Back and Points with CompareMyRates.ca
Credit card rewards are exciting; but how many benefits you receive depend on the choices you make. If you’re credit card savvy, you would know how to take advantage of special credit card promotions, cash back, and reward points and even double and triple your benefits.
If you don’t have a rewards credit card, you may wonder why this type of credit card is in such high demand. Those of you who have used credit card rewards earlier would know that they are practically ‘free money.’ Think about it this way. You are already going to be making a transaction using the card, so why not get a reward back from it?
Well, credit card rewards can be your ticket to something inspiring, but the question is how do you decide between a new cash back credit card or a credit card that offers travel rewards?
The answer shouldn’t be difficult to guess. You can compare the best credit cards in Canada before making a final decision. We can help you compare rewards offered by different credit cards, and you can find the best deals for your credit card.
Here at CompareMyRates.ca, we have ranked the best Canadian credit cards depending on how much they help you earn. If you are looking for the smartest and most reliable way to maximize your credit card rewards potential, you’ve come to the right place.
Compare credit cards the smart way! Find the best credit card now and save!
Everything you need to consider while comparing different types of credit cards is available right here. You can rest assured because the information on our website is updated almost daily and you can use the comparison tools to choose a rewards program and manage your money wisely.
Once you start using our credit card comparison tools, you can see the different reward cards options that are available. Remember that if you choose the right kind of credit card, you can see the exciting rewards accumulate in your account and this will make you feel proud of your efforts.
Chances are you won’t know about the rewards with credit cards, but with a comprehensive comparison, your decision making can get a lot easier.
But I carry a balance on my card?
Well, there’s nothing to worry about. We can help you find the best credit card with low-interest rates so you can keep pace with your payments in case you are unable to pay off your balance on the card from time to time. You can also use your cash back credit card to pay off a portion of your balance, and this comes handy in an emergency.
Finding the best Canadian credit card to maximize your earning potential just got a whole lot easier & smarter with CompareMyRates.ca credit card comparison chart. Once you select your credit score and card type preference, we will help you find the best credit cards for your needs. Furthermore, once you pick the card you want, we’ll connect you to the credit card provider so you can apply for the card.
Why should I compare credit cards?
If you’re new to the world of credit cards, you have to know one thing. Not all cards are created equal, and you have to compare cards to find one that best suits your needs. Also, what might be the best credit card for someone else, might not work for you.
Those of you looking to get new credit cards can look at features such as rewards to make the decision that’s right for you. On the other hand, if you feel that you cannot pay off your card balance each month, you can go for low-interest credit cards. Take a look at the many different types of credit cards available with our comparison tool.
How does credit card interest work?
In case you are unable to make your payments by the due date, i.e. you fail to pay off the balance on your credit card every month, you will be charged interest on your entire balance. Let’s say you had a $100 balance on your card and repaid $99. $1 was left, and you missed the due date. Even in this case, you will be charged interest on the entire balance, i.e. $100, not just on $1.
Generally, interest rates for credit cards are in the range of 19.99% for purchases, and if you don’t pay off your full balance, you’ll be hit by a penalty and high-interest rates. Remember, you should only use plastic money for transactions if you know you can afford to make the full payment on time.
Why do some credit cards have an annual fee?
Some credit cards have an annual fee attached to them – this is because you have to pay a certain amount to enjoy the privileges offered by the credit card and receive its rewards. Many cards have an annual fee ranging from $20 to $120, but some cards require you to pay as much as $399 to receive the rewards they offer.
Should I Get a Rewards Credit Card?
Of course, you should … only if you can manage to pay off the full balance of your credit card. On the other hand, you can maximize the benefits of your credit card by being a responsible user.
The good news is that you can even outweigh your card’s annual fees by spending enough money. If you don’t want to use your credit card often or you don’t want to take advantage of card rewards, a reward credit card with annual fee might not be the best choice for you. In this case, you can choose a credit card with no annual fee that still offers some rewards.
Credit Card Blogs & Info Corner
Get your business credit card work as hard as you do. If your business requires extensive travel, you could choose a business credit card offering travel rewards, travel insurance and discount car rental. Like most businesses,...
Student Credit Cards are extremely convenient for students attending college or university. A student credit card is a great way to start building a credit history. We can help you apply for the best student credit card for your daily...