RBC Chequing Account
Filter Checking Account
RBC Royal Bank Chequing Account
By choosing to maintain multiple chequing accounts of various types, you can avail of the MultiProduct Rebate that waives your monthly fees entirely. For instance, by combining an RBC investment account with an RBC credit card, you can use the RBC Day to Day Banking chequing account at no charge. Further, a package of a mortgage with RBC, RBC investment account, and RBC credit card entitles you to a RBC No Limit Banking chequing account at no monthly charge. Senior citizens can avail of low monthly charges too.
RBC VIP Banking
Owning an RBC VIP Banking account costs you the highest monthly charge but also offers more features than any other chequing account. However, you can qualify for significant discounts on the fee if you also have a mortgage, investment account, and credit card with RBC. This account is ideal if you visit the U.S. often. Here are the features:
- No limit on the deposits in Canada or the U.S.
- No limit on the number of transactions at external ATMs in the U.S.
- Overdraft protection
- Option of buying a credit card. Depending on card type, you can have the annual fee waived partially or entirely.
- No fee on up to one U.S. and two Canadian currency accounts
RBC Signature No Limit Banking
You can avail of rebates on the fee if you also have a mortgage, investment account, and RBC credit card. Here are the other features:
- No limit on number of deposits in Canada
- 3 no-cost transactions through external ATMs. Additional transactions cost you $1.50 each.
- No limit on Interac e-Transfers
- Overdraft protection
- Option of buying a credit card and the possibility of having the fee waived in part or full depending on the category of the card.
RBC No Limit Banking
This account is beneficial for senior citizens and students because of its lower monthly charge. However, it also has fewer features. By combining an investment account and credit card with your account, you can avail of the waived monthly charges. Here are the features:
- No limit on deposits in Canada
- No limit on the number of Interac e-Transfers
- Charges of $1.50 payable per transaction conducted through external ATMs.
RBC Day to Day Banking
To have your monthly charges waived for this account, you can combine it with an investment account and RBC credit card. Here are the other features:
- No limit on the Interac e-Transfers
- 12 no-cost deposits per month. All subsequent deposits are chargeable at $1 per transaction.
Chequing Account Providers in Canada
Announcement: July 19, 2019 - Canada The minimum mortgage qualifying rate in Canada has dropped from 5.34% to 5.19% which is the first time it has done this in three years. The new rate by the central bank will have a small impact on mortgage stress levels for those...
What Are Private Mortgage Loans? Private mortgage loans are granted by private lenders unlike banks or conventional financial institutions. These short term loans do not require homeowners to pay the mortgage principal. Simply put, you only have to make the interest...
How much do I qualify for? If you’re ready to purchase a new home, one of the first things you want to find out is how much you’re qualified to borrow. Lenders have restrictions on the amount of money that a lender can borrow that is based on the borrower’s...