Compare the Best Koodo Mobile cell phone plans in Canada - Get the Best deals on cheap mobile plans.
First launched in the year 2008 by TELUS, Koodo now has more than 1 million subscribers in Canada and is one of the leading service providers in the country.
We found 22 Koodo Mobile cell phone plans in your area
Koodo Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Koodo caters mainly to the population demographic of students and younger consumers that would prefer to buy economical phones and service plans. Thanks to their both postpaid and prepaid phone plans that you can avail without a fixed contract, Koodo has become a preferred carrier service quickly and operates on the LTE, HSPA+, and TELUS Mobility CDMA networks.
In addition, it has an added edge over the competition that consumers appreciate. The company offers an incredible coverage area that extends to almost every location in Canada under TELUS, barring a few rural areas.
Why Choose Koodo Mobile?
- As compared to other carriers, you can find larger data packages with Koodo which include economical prices for unlimited talk times and texting.
- You won’t have to pay any charges for activation or for accessing their systems since Koodo is a discounted wireless provider.
- You can select the data plan according to the amount of data you need, and Koodo offers fixed data plans as well.
- You have the option of choosing just the voice and text package without data. Or, larger packages that include high-speed internet services with up to 10GB of data.
- Koodo offers you GSM technology and 4G services at 1700/2100 MHz.
Koodo Mobile Voice & Data Plans:
- Koodo’s Canada-wide Tab Plus Plan: This cell phone plan offers you payment options that are very convenient and easy on the pocket. You only need to choose the amount you wish to pay for the phone at the time of purchase. You can add the balance cost to the monthly bill you'll pay each month. In this way, you can cover the cost of the phone over a 24-month time frame. Once you've cleared the entire cost, you’ll automatically go back to paying the regular bill amount. The only condition is that you’ll have to clear a credit check first.
- Latest of Smartphones at Affordable Rates: Koodo has this amazing range of the latest cell phones you can choose from like for instance, Apple, HTC, LG, and Samsung. Since you have the option of paying for the phone in monthly installments, any cell phone you’ve set your heart on is now well within your reach.
The Best Positives of Koodo:
- Most plans allow you to make calls anywhere in Canada
- You can send unlimited messages
- Koodo helps finance your phone with no additional interest. You can easily upgrade your handset and keep up with the latest trends in mobile devices.
- You can buy your handset from other sources and still use Koodo service plans
- You can choose from no-contract cell plans.
- Koodo offers you the Shock-free Data service. You’ll receive notifications when you’ve used up 50%, 90%, and 100% of your data package. The service carrier pauses your usage and allows you to choose to upgrade the plan with a request for additional data. Or, wait for the plan to reset when your 30 days are up. You can rest assured that you won’t have any unpleasant surprises when you’re presented with the bill for the data usage.
The Downsides of Koodo:
- Customer services aren't all that efficient, and you might have to deal with long waiting times.
- You might have to pay for minor customer service issues that you discuss on the phone.
Understanding Koodo’s Network Coverage
Given that Koodo’s 4G network is the same as TELUS’s, it covers close to 99% of Canada.
- 42% HSPA+ (4G)
- 39% LTE (4G)
- 11% HSPA (3G)
- 7% UMTS (3G)
Here are some this to know before signing up with Koodo Mobile:
- The service does not support CDMA devices in Manitoba.
- The service does not support prepaid packages for CDMA devices.
- The service does not offer local numbers in specific areas such as Nunavut, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories.
- The service only offers half the monthly allowance of usage for SMS messaging, data, and voice minutes in Manitoba.
Understanding Koodo Network Speeds
The PC Magazine published the results of a study conducted in 2015 on the "Fastest Mobile Networks in Canada." Here are their findings:
- The TELUS network had speeds that ranked third. Koodo uses the TELUS network.
- On a national average, LTE download speeds were measured at 32.5Mbits/sec.
- On a national average, LTE upload speeds were measured at 12.9Mbits/sec.
Koodo Mobile Add-on Packages you can purchase
Koodo offers you the facility of voicemail and caller ID with every plan you choose. Here are some other add-ons the service providers.
- Visual voicemail for iPhone at $2 per month
- Call Forwarding at $3 per month
- Unlimited incoming calls at $10 per month
- Unlimited anytime minutes at $20 per month
- Phone protection available at a Koodo outlet or authorized store at $7 to $9 per month
- Prepaid plans for adding minutes for calls anywhere in Canada ranging from $5 for 25 minutes to $25 for 500 minutes
- Prepaid plans for data usage ranging from $10 for 100MB to $30 for 1GB
- Any unused add-on minutes and data packages on prepaid plans can be rolled over to the next month if you continue to maintain the package with monthly fee payments.
Information on Koodo Roaming Fees
Roaming charges are not applicable for using Koodo services anywhere in Canada for most packages.
U.S Travel Mobile Pack
For traveling within U.S. you can purchase an add-on package that can be combined with:
You can choose time-based tiers depending on your requirements such as 3 days to 30 days, and you can expect to pay from $10 to $75 based on the features you've chosen.
If you choose the pay as you go option, here are the expected rates:
- $1.50 per minute for voice calls
- $5 per 20MB for data usage
- $5 for every 100 SMS messages you send
International Travel Mobile Packs
If you’re traveling in countries other than the U.S, you can check for the Koodo support page for complete details including applicable fees according to the specific country. Typical add-on packages are as follows:
- $15 for up to 75 SMS messages you send
- $40 for up to 50 SMS messages you send
- $40 for up to 50 minutes of voice calls
- $40 for up to 50 MB of data usage
Using Koodo Services for Long Distance Calls
You can call anywhere in Canada and expect to be billed according to the monthly minute allowance you have. If you need to place calls to any international country, you pay 50 cents for every minute. And, if you have used up all your Anytime Minutes, Koodo will charge you the regular rate per minute. In addition, you’ll pay a charge of 50 cents per minute.
In case you expect to make frequent international calls, Koodo has two packages for you to choose from that help you economize on your bills.
- International Long Distance Saver: Under this plan, you can pay $3 a month and place calls to UK, China, Hong Kong, India, France, Australia, US, Germany, and Mexico at 5 cents for every minute. Place calls to the Philippines at 15 cents per minute and Pakistan at 10 cents a minute.
- International Calling Plans: Under this plan, you can buy monthly packages for $10 to $20 for unlimited calls to specific countries such as the UK, France, China, Hong Kong, and the US. For calls to India, you can buy a package for $20 per month for 1,000 minutes. If you use up your monthly allowance, you'll be charged at 2 cents per minute for all the additional calls you make.
Here’s a list of top rated cell phone service providers in your area
Latest Cell Phone News & Blog Posts
Working under the ownership of Rogers Communications and running on the Rogers GSM network is the Chatr Mobile carrier. Although the company does not currently offer LTE services, it provides high-grade, economical coverage to customers all over Canada. Chatr Wireless …
Read the full article
Posted on Rogers Redboard October 23rd,2013 By: RogersJennifer From broadcast news and magazine publishing to smartphones, internet and cable television, there’s always a lot going on at Rogers. All these products and projects also mean our employees have a wide …
Read the full article
If you are taking your first step to becoming a first time homebuyer, you need to save for a downpayment. To get you started, you will first need to find out how your willing to pay for a home by …
Read the full article
Analyst firm Gartner is recommending that all BlackBerry enterprise customers abandon ship. The company has come forth to state that clients should take “no more than six months to consider and implement alternatives to BlackBerry,” according to Matt Hamblen over …
Read the full article
The majority of us don’t like them, Telephone Solicitors. It’s not a new problem; it’s been going on for years. On a positive note, they generate some great jokes and everyone can relate, my favourite Jerry Seinfeld episode features Jerry …
Read the full article