Compare rates from Canada's leading auto insurance companies:
Get the lowest Car Insurance Rates in Calgary
It is an obligation according to the laws of Canada to have auto insurance in Calgary. One of the best ways to find the cheapest car insurance rates Calgary is to compare car insurance quotes online. At CompareMyRates.ca we work with direct insurers and brokers to provide the lowest auto insurance rates in Calgary
We'll need your postal code, driving experience and vehicle information.
Get 10+ car insurance quotes in just 3 minutes.
Purchase a policy from your chosen insurance company when speaking to the broker
Calgary Car Insurance
It’s not always easy to drive in Calgary. Drivers have to face rapidly changing weather and substantial rush hour traffic. Apart from the new Calgary Ring Road that’s being constructed around the city to aid commuters in getting from one end of town to another, they also have to deal with a great deal of other road construction.
CompareMyRates.com is a comparison website offering tips and tools so you can become a well-informed buyer and save in the process. Use our online car insurance tool and get free quotes that allow you to compare rates from top providers all in one page. Need help finding a new policy? Just click the Live Help icon at the bottom right of the page, and one of our agents will assist you.
Daily commuter, occasional driver in Calgary, or weekend warrior: whatever your status, you’ll always need car insurance. Here are some reasons why it’s important to compare rates before you purchase:
Different companies charge different rates to insure the same vehicle
Insurance rates for the same driver and vehicle can vary significantly, and that’s why it’s a good idea to get quotes from different providers. The important thing is to find the insurance company offering the best rate available for your driving profile.
Insurance companies look at how likely you are to have an accident, and this determines the premium you end up paying. You will have a lower premium if you have a clean driving record. You will also pay less if you drive your car only occasionally. Where you live and where you park you car can also affect the cost of your insurance. Other factors include your age, gender, the car you drive, your credit, and the type and amount of coverage you purchase.
Since Calgary has so many auto insurance companies, phoning each one to get quotes from each provider takes a long time, and it’s plenty work! By offering instant online car insurance quotes and comparing rates across a wide variety of Calgary companies we solve that problem and make your life so much easier.
You can lock in savings when you compare auto insurance in Calgary
The primary step to lock in additional savings is completing our simple quote form. You can do this within five minutes, and the system will instantly provide you with low car insurance quotes gleaned from our licensed insurance partners. Our impartial search technology gathers your info and matches your premium against what is offered by more than thirty other insurance companies to help you find a lower rate. Sign up now and join the ranks of more than a million citizens using our services to lock in insurance savings.
In order to save on insurance premiums, it’s important to know some of the hazards of driving in and around Calgary. For example commuters almost always pay more in insurance premiums, since most accidents occur during the rush hour. You can also lower premiums by opting for a higher deductible. Consider this option carefully, since the amount you will be responsible for in the event of an accident will increase.
Once you receive a quote, you should speak to an agent or a certified insurance broker directly so you can lock in savings. CompareMyRates.ca can connect you to a licensed agent or broker located close to you who will help you establish your new policy. We make it easy to shop for insurance. Life is sometimes difficult and demanding. Comparing rates to find the best auto insurance in Calgary shouldn’t have to be.
Benefits on Comparing Car Insurance Quotes in Calgary
Why not expand the benefits of your Calgary car insurance past your initial quotation? At CompareMyRates.ca we are always monitoring our network to let you know when you can lock in a better rate. You set your preferences for this non-intrusive, free service, and we will alert you every three to six months.
Car insurance rates can change often in Calgary, just like mortgage payments. We will ensure that you stay up-to-date with our free service, and we’ll also prompt you when your next car insurance renewal becomes due.
Car insurance in Alberta is compulsory for all vehicles. You must have at least $200,000 in third-party coverage in order to to register your vehicle. It’s against the law to drive unregistered, uninsured vehicles in Alberta.
The province, like the rest of Canada, has no-fault insurance. This type of coverage enables the policyholder to make a claim to his or her own insurance provider if he or she has an accident. Each party involved in the accident is required to go to his or her own insurance company irrespective of who is at fault.
We Make it Easy to Compare Car Insurance Rates in Calgary
From local selections to nationally known names we work with a broad range of insurance carriers. In addition, we’re always developing, so if you return the next time your insurance is up for renewal, you might just have even more matches! Don’t pay too much for insurance. Visit www.CompareMyRates.ca to get the coverage you need at the price you want to pay today.
Myths and Facts of Driving in Calgary
- Macleod Trail S is the most treacherous street in Calgary for pedestrians. This is false: a analysis carried out by an engineer in the city showed that the junction of 17th Avenue SW and 4th Street SW saw more pedestrians sustaining injuries than any other street in Calgary.
- Radar detectors are prohibited in Calgary. This too is false. Radar detectors are allowed in Calgary and in the rest of Alberta.
- Free parking is available during the city’s Stampede Parade. Again this is false. You still have to pay to park downtown on the day of the parade.
- The city has only one major industry. Calgary depends on the oil industry, but that is not the only driver of its economy. Agriculture, transportation, technology, and telecommunications are also important industries, and the city is home to a large number of great businesses as well.
- No hitchhiking is allowed within city limits.
- Fifty-one intersections in Calgary have traffic cameras.
- With thirty marching bands and over forty floats, the Calgary Stampede Parade attracts 350,000 spectators every year.
- A major construction project started on the southwest portion of the Calgary Ring Road in the autumn of 2016. This 31 km section is part of the 100 km Ring Road project, which is expected to open in 2021.
Tips for Calgary Drivers
- Be cautious at Deerfoot Trail & 16th Rivaled only by Deerfoot Trail and Glenmore Trail, this is commonly seen as an extremely hazardous intersection in the city of Calgary.
- Purchase snow tyres if you’re driving in wintertime. Fall, spring, and winter are heavy snow months in Calgary. The average yearly snowfall in the mountains can surpass 250 inches every year.
- Put away your cellphone. Calgary traffic laws strictly forbid emailing and texting while operating a motor vehicle.
- Stay informed about the Glenmore Trail & Ogden Road SE Interchange Project. A traffic diversion is taking drivers around this roadway as of July 2016, and continues for the next year and a half. Drivers can still use Ogden Road and Barlow Trail, but keep this detour in mind as you plan your trips around this area.
Auto Insurance Quotes by Province
- Northwest Territories
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Larador
- Prince Edward Island
Auto Insurance Quotes by City
- Red Deer
- Richmond Hill
- St. John's
- Medicine Hat
- Fort McMurray
- Grande Prairie