BMO Bank of Montreal was started in 1817 as the first bank in Canada. Other than providing the first widely recognized currency in Canada, the bank has also played a crucial part in the development of the country.
Best Bank of Montreal 5 year Variable Mortgage Rate
Best BMO Mortgage Rates
Comparemyrates.ca finds you the best mortgage rates by BMO Bank of Montreal. BMO offers low-interest mortgage rates for short or long term mortgages. Compare the best variable or fixed rate mortgages by BMO. A right mortgage rate in can help you save thousands of dollars over the term of your mortgage. Calculate your down payment and monthly mortgage payments with our mortgage payment calculators.
With presence in Canada and the rest of North America, the bank carries the name BMO Financial Group but retains BMO Bank of Montreal for its Canadian clients. The bank offers a wide range of financial services to its clients. The services are categorized as personal & commercial banking, wealth management, and BMO capital markets.
A board of directors, whose mandate is to fulfill the interests of stakeholders by maintaining corporate governance standards and best practices, heads BMO Bank of Montreal. The head office of BMO Bank of Montreal is on saint Jacques Street in Montreal. However, the bank’s President, Chairman and several other executives are based at First Canadian place in Toronto.
BMO Bank of Montreal started in Canada but has spread beyond borders over the years. Today, the bank is present in the following Canadian provinces:
- British Columbia
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
BMO Bank of Montreal Mortgages
BMO Bank of Montreal offers a wide range of mortgage options, which are available long-term or short-term, open or closed, and fixed rate or variable rate categories. Going by the fixed and variable rate categorization, here are the options of mortgages available plus their rates.
Bank of Montreal Variable Rate Mortgages
- 3 year open mortgage for 4% posted rates
- 5 year closed mortgage for 2.85% posted rates
Depending on your needs, you can choose from convertible, closed, and open mortgage options.
Bank of Montreal Open Fixed Rate Mortgages
This mortgage is suitable for people who are optimistic of interest rates going down in the near future, looking to sell their property soon, or prepay more than 20% of the mortgage principle.
- 6 month mortgage for 6.3% rate
- 1 year mortgage for 6.3% rate
- 18 year mortgage for 8.5% rate
Bank of Montreal Convertible Fixed Rate
Here, you get to enjoy the benefits of closed mortgage, but with more flexibility.
- 6 month mortgage for 4% rate
Bank of Montreal Closed Fixed Rate
The main advantage of this mortgage is that the rates are lower than for open mortgage.
- 1 year mortgage for 2.89% rate
- 2 year mortgage for 2.84% rate
- 3 year mortgage for 3.39% rate
- 4 year mortgage for 3.89% rate
- 5 year mortgage for 4.74% rate
- 5 year smart fixed mortgage for 2.74% rate and 2.76% annual percentage rate
- 5 year eco smart mortgage for 4.74% rate
- 6 year mortgage for 5.14% rate
- 7 year mortgage for 5.3% rate
- 10 year mortgage for 6.1% rate
- 10 year smart fixed mortgage for 3.64% rate plus 3.65% annual percentage rate
There are so many mortgage options at BMO Bank of Montreal. Checking for comparisons at www.comparemyrates.ca is the best way to get the best option, and save time.