More and more people are using Freedom Mobile. It’s really not a surprise since the carrier offers budget-friendly plans and rates. The telecom also offers unique add-ons that you can’t find with other carriers. Its fees and payment plans present more affordable options to the Canadians.
More than that, Freedom Mobile provides a rare service. It offers unlimited data. You can consume phone data with full speed up to your monthly limit. Once you hit it, you can still use data, but at a slower pace.
What Are The Best Freedom Mobile Plans?
Here’s a rundown of the best Freedom Mobile plans.
Freedom Mobile Big Gig + Talk 10 GB
The best unlimited data plan
Big Gig + Talk 10 GB is Freedom Mobile’s highly-recommended unlimited data plan. For only $60 per month, you can get:
- 10 GB data
- Unlimited talk anywhere in Canada
- Unlimited text anywhere in Canada
- Unlimited roaming talk and text
- 1 GB data if you’re outside the telecom’s network range
Freedom Mobile generally offers holiday promos. For this plan, you can also add a 100 GB of expiration-free coverage data. This means, even if you consume your 10 GB monthly limit, you still have a 100 GB backup. This is enough coverage to sustain the full-speed service of your plan. Only when you’ve consumed the add-on will your speed slow down. It won’t get cut though. It’ll just throttle back until you settle your account.
Freedom Mobile Home 500MB Plan
The best talk and text plan
This talk and text plan is very economical. Even if you have a tight budget, you can splurge on this one without guilt. For $30 a month, you’ll get:
- 500 MB data
- Unlimited nationwide talk
- Unlimited nationwide text
You can even pay less than 30 bucks a month with this best value plan. You get a $5 discount for pre-authorize payment. You can cut back another $5 for a year if you bring your own device. Unlike the Big Gig, roaming in the 5000 MB plan is excluded. However, you only need to shell out $0.15 per minute if you want to use your Freedom Mobile data outside of Canada.
Freedom Mobile Big Gig 10GB Plan
The best data-only deal
Freedom Mobile Big Gig 10 GB is a plan designed for big data users. You don’t need to count the minutes every time you enjoy mobile surfing. For just $50 a month, you’ll get:
- 10 GB data
- Pay-as-you-go minutes for calls ($0.05 per minute, domestic and when roaming)
- Global text messages
- 500 MB when you roam and connect to one of the telecom’s partners outside Canada
This data-only plan is ideal if you constantly use your phone to surf online. It’s also useful if you often use Skype or FaceTime.
What are the Exclusive Features You Can Get from Freedom Mobile Plans?
Freedom Mobile provides unique features that even surpass the add-ons of other telecoms. These include:
- MyTab Offer: Every Freedom Mobile plan is valued when you bring your own smartphone. But if you want a new phone, the telecom offers MyTab. This feature offsets a fraction of the cost (can go up to $1200) of the brand-new device. It’ll also be payable, without interest, in about two years or so.
- More Than One Account: Freedom Mobile doesn’t have a sharing data plan. But you can put more than one line under a single account to save money. If the account has two phone lines, you can save $2 per month off each line. If there’s three of you, you can save $3. Four lines mean saving $4 and five lines equal to $5 savings. It doesn’t look a lot, but in a year, you can save up to $300 with this strategy.
- Wi-Fi Calling: The company has spotty network coverage. To make up for it, Freedom Mobile offers Wi-Fi calling. This feature helps boost the poor signal if you’re inside a building or underground. This benefits those who regularly use the Toronto and Vancouver underground transits.
- Free Wi-Fi Hotspots: Users from Calgary, Edmonton, and the Great Vancouver Area can experience spotty Freedom coverage. To avoid this, download the telecom app. After that, you can connect to more than 100,000 Wi-Fi hotspots provided by Freedom Mobile. These hotspots run from Victoria to Winnipeg.
- Unlimited Data: There are only two carriers in Canada that offer unlimited data. Freedom Mobile is one of the two. Regardless of how often you surf online or use data-consuming apps, you’ll ALWAYS have data.
About Freedom Mobile and Their Plans
Freedom Mobile, formerly WIND Mobile, was established in 2008. Over a decade after, it’s now one of the go-to telecom companies that offer discount services in Canada. The company was founded as part of the government’s plan to boost the wireless network industry.
Even ranked as the fourth largest carrier in Canada, Freedom Mobile has less than 5% in the total market share. That’s because compared to others, the company still has limited coverage. That being said, Freedom Mobile’s services are now expanded in many major cities and towns in Canada.