Tangerine cash back credit card is an absolute steal. In fact it is one of the best cash back credit cards for rookies and seasoned card users alike. Presently, the card offers no annual fee as well as plenty of choices and convenience.
Intro to The Tangerine Cash Back Credit Card
The Tangerine Credit Card gives you 2% cash back in up to two money back categories of your choice*. Cash back for other categories is 1%. There are no hidden details, limits or restrictions. These features make Tangerine cash back credit card one of the best in the country.
*Note that you can change the bonus money back categories through the year if needed.
|1 Results||Updated: May 23, 2019|
Promotional Balance Transfer: 1.95% interest for the first 6 months
Min Credit Score: 640
$25 Gift Card upon Approval
Earn cash back
Earn extra Rewards
Transfer and save
Track and categorize your spending
Earn 4% Money-Back Rewards in up to 3 Categories for 3 Months
What Customers Love About this Card
That’s right – you don’t have to pay anything for this cash back credit card. What’s better is that you can keep it in your wallet along with other cash back credit cards and continue to earn more rewards.
Nothing can match the excitement of having a credit card that offers unlimited cash back. Whether it is bonus categories or other eligible purchases; there is absolutely no limit to how much cash back you can earn.
2% Cash Back on Bonus Categories
Once your promotional period ends, you can select up to two bonus categories to earn 2% cash back on purchases without any limitations or questions asked. If you decide to redeem your cash back as a credit, you have the option to choose any two categories. However, you get a fabulous bonus. You can request to have your cash back earnings deposited directly into your Tangerine Savings Account. In this case, you’ll get the chance to choose a third bonus category for free.
All other eligible purchases receive 1% cash back.
Is Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card the Right Card for Me?
The Tangerine cash back credit card is the card you need if you are looking for the best combination of value, choices, and convenience. There is no annual fee and you have the chance to choose up to two bonus categories to earn 2% cash back.
And this is not all!
- Tangerine cash back credit card offers 2% cash back in two money back categories plus 1% for all other eligible purchases. Why should you go for any other credit card? Tangerine gives you better value and more importantly, it costs nothing to earn these rewards.
- You can always pair your Tangerine cash back card with other cash back card with different bonus categories. For example, if you are using Tangerine to earn 2% cash back on a grocery store trip, you can choose another card to earn cash back on entertainment, furniture and home improvement.
- Unlike other cash back credit cards where you are required to show a personal income of $60,000 or more, the Tangerine credit card only requires $15,000 as personal income. Considering the benefits you get with this card, the Tangerine credit card is better than many of the other premium alternatives available.
- With the Tangerine cash back credit card, it is easy to be smart with your money. You don’t have to wait to earn your cash back. All cash back rewards you earn will be directly delivered to you and now there’s no reason you should not give this exciting credit card a try.
Comparing Pros and Cons of Tangerine Cash Back Credit Card
If you want to figure out whether this credit card is right for you, take a closer look at the fine print.
This credit card is a great choice if:
- You are looking for a cash back credit card that helps you earn exciting rewards without having to pay an additional (annual) fee.
- You want to grow your savings.
- You want to make your shopping work for you.
- You are a responsible user and never carry a balance on your credit card.
- You love traveling but don’t want to invest in an expensive travel reward.
- You prefer eating out with friends and family.
- You are a frequent traveler and need to pay your gas, parking bills.
- You spend a large chunk of your money on drugstore purchases and groceries.
- You are interested in renovating your home.
Tangerine Cash Back Credit Card Might Not Work for You If:
- You have the habit of carrying balance on your credit card every month.
- You are traveling frequently and you want a credit card that offers additional insurance coverage.
- You want a credit card that offers lounge access, and other high-end perks.
- You are interested in earning specific rewards such as AIRMILES or you want to have the ability to convert to earned points.
- You want to trade in your reward points for travel or other merchandise.
Other Tangerine Cash Back Credit Card Details You’ll Find Interesting:
- You can save big on your next international trip with the lowest foreign 1.5% conversion fee.
- You can share the wealth by adding authorized users to your account at no additional cost.
- Keep track of your account activities with the help of Orange Alerts. When subscribed to email alerts you would know what’s happening in your account.
- Tangerine credit card gives you up to $60,000 in protection no matter where you are in the world.
- The card also gives you purchase assurance which means you will be protected against theft and other damages beyond other insurance for 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Last, Tangerine cash back credit card protects the products you have bought recently for an additional year. Yes, even if the manufacturer warranty has expired, there is nothing to worry about.