Rogers and Fido are cell phone service providers in Canada. Each provider offers both pros and cons. You need to compare cell phone plans to choose the right provider for your needs.
About Rogers and Fido
Fido and Rogers are the same company. Rogers purchased Fido in November 2004 from Microtell Telecommunications. Fido has its own niche within the industry and features cheaper monthly plans.
Similarities Between Rogers and Fido
- Both have the same coverage
- They both belong to the same company
- Both offer prepaid plans
- Both have contract pans
Both companies run on the same networks:
- (HSPA+ (Evolved High-Speed Packet Access)
- Mobile WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access)
How Rogers Differs from Fido
- Targeted at higher-end businesses and customer accounts
- Its main competitors are Telus and Bell
- You can bundle your wireless phone service with other Roger services
- More services available
- The customer support is better
- Has more phones to choose from
How Fido Differs from Rogers
- Fido is perfect for the average consumer
- Its main competitors are Koodo and Virgin Mobile
- Better plans with Fido
- Customer support is lacking
- Only offers phone services
Picking the Right Plan for Your Needs
There are a few things that you can do to find the right plan. The first thing is to determine how much you actually use the Internet when on your phone. It might be a good idea to get a lower cost plan if you only use the Internet a little bit when on your phone as you can get a lower cost plan. If you’re a gamer, text, watch videos or are an extensive phone user, go with a plan thta gives you more data as you’ll quickly run out with the lower plans. Both Fido and Rogers have plans to suit your individual needs.
Make sure you understand what you’re buying before signing. CompareMyRates.ca can help you find the best cell phone provider and plan for you.