Working under the ownership of Rogers Communications and running on the Rogers GSM network is the Chatr Mobile carrier. Although the company does not currently offer LTE services, it provides high-grade, economical coverage to customers all over Canada.
Chatr Wireless Cell Phone Plans
Should you choose the Chatr wireless, here are the facilities you can look forward to.
- For $20 per month, you can have limitless talk time in a particular zone. If you need coverage outside of the designated zone, you’ll stay with the Chatr network but also pay a per-use charge.
- The company offers various plans for $20 to $45 per month and the internet is available at 3G speeds.
- You can bring your phone and port to Chatr Mobile services as long as the handset is not locked and is fully paid for. Moreover, it should be compatible with GSM 3G. You’ll only need to buy a Chatr mobile SIM card from online or at their actual store. The company allows you to activate the new online-bought SIM card by logging on to their website. You can also continue to use the number you’re currently using with the other carrier.
- Chatr Mobile offers you a good range of affordable, new handsets such as Nokia, Motorola, ZTE, and LG.
Here is a list of the Most Popular Chatr Wireless Plans
Chatr Mobile Pro’s:
- You can avail of the service without entering into a contract.
- You won’t need to go through credit checks to get the service.
- Most plans allow you limitless messaging and calling facilities anywhere in the country.
- You can continue to use internet services at the regular pricing as long as you remain in your chosen zone even if you have exhausted your plan limit. You won’t have to worry about additional costs or the internet coverage getting cut off. However, if you don’t have a zoning data plan, you’ll accrue additional charges.
Chatr Mobile Con’s:
- The fixed limitless calling in specific zones makes identifying zones and getting coverage outside of the zones confusing.
- The company does not offer to finance for buying devices.
- No roaming packages offered.
- Internet services are limited to 3G. 4G services are not offered.
Chatr Mobile Coverage and Speed
Chatr Mobile has 3G download and upload speeds of 2.2Mb/sec. and 0.7Mb/sec., respectively. However, it does not support data transfer on Rogers’ 4G network.
The company has network types of:
61% LTE (4G)
29% HSPA+ (4G)
7% UMTS (3G)
3% HSPA (3G)
Roaming Fees Charged by Chatr Mobile
Within Canada, Chatr Mobile charges you roaming fees according to the zone-based plan you have. You’ll pay:
- $0.25 per minute for voice calls
- $0.05 per megabyte of internet usage
- $0.25 per outgoing text message
- $0.50 per outgoing MMS message
You also have the option of getting country-wide plans if you frequently make calls across the Canada. Although the company does not offer any international roaming packages, you’ll pay-per-usage charges in the areas that have services supporting your phone.
Making International Calls with Chatr Mobile
Chatr Mobile offers the $45 per month limitless calls plan if you are a frequent caller to the US. Choose the International Talk Saver Rate if you frequently make calls to destinations all over the world every month.